Excellence in Student Development & Success Award
- To signal the University’s commitment to excellence in promoting student success.
- To honor staff who positively impact the holistic development and growth of students.
- To stimulate mutual commitment amongst all UD staff to promote student success.
Up to two awards may be given in any one year for excellence in student development and success. Awards may be given to an individual staff member and/or two staff members working collaboratively. Award recipients will receive a $1500 pre-tax monetary prize and will receive special recognition.
Criteria of Excellence
Please nominate individuals who demonstrate excellence in student development and success within one of more of the categories listed below. It is not required that nominees work directly with students as part of their primary role, but their work should have direct impact on the student success experience.
Rules of Eligibility
- Person nominated must be a full-time (exempt or non-exempt) UD staff member. The nominee does not need to have regular, direct or in-person interaction with students as part of their primary role, but their work must have a direct impact on the student experience.
- Person nominated must have worked at UD for a minimum of two years.
- The nominee has not solicited this award in any manner.
- The nominee must be nominated by another UD community member, specifically faculty, staff, or students.
Deadline for Submissions
Nominations for the 2021-22 Academic Year will be accepted in the future. Check back soon for additional information!
A selection committee will be composed of the following members:
- Division of Enrollment Management staff (2)
- Division of Student Life staff (2)
- Deputy Provost for Academic Affairs Units (2)
- Faculty Member (1)
- Advising/Academic Administrator (1)
- Undergraduate Student (1)
The selection committee will evaluate nominations and make final recommendations based on the evidence provided in the nominations against the stated criteria of excellence.